Necessary Evil

 Things like doctors appointment cause an extreme amount of anxiety for me as you can tell from my last post, but they are a necessary evil to gain the peace of mind for a least another year. 

    With Kloe's check up being so far away we decided we were going to make a whole two days out of it. Just Mom, Dad, and Kloe time!!! It was so much fun to be able to take her out to a fancy dinner (of coarse she picked her favorite noodles). We took her to the Cheese Cake Factory. She got to drink her ice water out of a fancy cup and she was all grins. We did a little shopping after for a new outfit for her appointment, cause who doesn't want a comfortable outfit to lounge around in all day. We checked into the hotel and got settled for bed because we had to be at the hospital by 5:45 am. After we were all just about to sleep we heard the phone ring...It woke me in a panic but I didn't even answer it after looking at the clock and noticing it was midnight. Then a few minutes later a knock on our hotel room door, which if I am being honest scared me half to death and my nerves at that point were already shot....Luckily it was just the front desk person asking for our address. I kinda wanted to slap him right across the face and tell him I was just hanging on a thread at this point, but kody handled him and after a few hours of tossing and turning got some rest before headed to the hospital.

We woke early and skipped breakfast because Kloe wasn't allowed to eat before her appointment due to the sedation. We got all checked in and they took us back to the room where we were going to wait for her sedation. For the first time ever at a doctor appointment Kloe wasn't terrified. We told her that even Bluey goes to the doctor and has to be brave. I really think she thought she was Bluey for the day because she was such a trooper. Finally it was time to go back and they let me take her. 

Now I don't know how many people reading this have ever been there when you your child is being put under but it is not for the faint of heart. She wanted nothing to do with the mask they had to put on her mouth and nose so being the loving mother I am I was the one who had to hold her down. Thank goodness it only took about 10 seconds for her to fall asleep. This part is always really emotional for me...I am not sure if it is PTSD from the first year of her life or if it really that hard every time for everyone but I hate it. I hate seeing her struggle and being so afraid. The only bright side that I try to focus on is that it never takes her very long to fall asleep and she is the cutest sleeping child you could ever see! She instantly looks so peaceful. 

After Kloe was sedated we were sent back to the waiting room to wait for her. We were originally told that she would be out for a few hours while they ran the test and while she woke up from sedation. I was pretty settled in with a brand new book that I was sure I could get at least half way through. It wasn't 50 minutes later when they came and got us and told us she was already in recovery. We were taken back there and she was awake and happy like nothing happened. I was shocked that she was done so soon and that she didn't wake up mad as H$!!. Within 5 minutes she was drinking some ice water and they called the doctor to tell him that we were ready to see him and we needed to move the appointment up by 4 hours. 

After being discharged Kloe got to sit in a throne in which she demanded we drive her around like the Queen of England to the out patient building to see her doctor. Kloe's doctor is so awesome and always makes sure we always have all of our questions answered. He told us that everything looks really good and that she is super healthy. Hearing this words after all the stress that I put myself through is always such a relief. We don't have to go back for another year to eighteen months. 

We got done at the doctor by 9:45 am!!! We were honestly able to just enjoy the rest of the day by taking Kloe to the aquarium and going out to lunch! Overall a great trip to the doctor! I can see such progress in her when it comes to her fear of the doctor. She amazes me everyday. She is my tour guide through this crazy process and I really couldn't be more blessed. 

Comments