Powerwheel freedom

 Ok y'all, its been a hot minute sense I did this but if for no other reason I need to write this story down so I don't forget it. 

Kloe's little brother Kase got a jeep hotwheel for his 3rd birthday. It was a hit with everyone and Kloe loved driving it around our yard and feeling the wind in her hair. Now this jeep is pretty fast for a toy like fast enough that the kids could keep up with us on our bike if we were all going to a family ride. 

One night I had to run into town and Kody was working out front watching the kids and Kloe decided she wanted to go to her friends house which is close to our neighborhood but not in the hood. Now I am sure in her mind she knew how to get there and that it didn't really matter that it was getting dark and was almost 9 pm she was determined to go. So she did. She took off. I got a call while I was on my way home and missed it. Anyone come to find out after this very sweet friend brought Kloe home after she drove to their house and knocked on the door to see if her friend could play. I was freaked out but really at that point what can you even do? Pretty much just laugh.

Now you would think I learned from the first experience, but I didn't. A few weeks after that we were all out back on the slip and slide when Kloe decided she was done. She went inside and no joke every 5 minutes I came in to check on her. Well as I was on my way in to check on her I got a call from a friend asking if I knew where Kloe was. I said I thought I thought I did but she said that Kase's jeep was at the dollar store (which is right by our neighborhood and right by the friends house she visited a few short weeks ago). I asked if she could stop and see if Kloe was in there and she did. Right then Kody pulled up from work and I instantly sent him over there. Kloe was there behind the counter with an ice cream and a drink in her hand which I am sure she shopped lifted happy as can be. Keep in mind she also parked in the handicap parking spot with the little powerwheel jeep. 

Now I spent a long time kicking myself for letting this happen after I should have known she clearly knows what she wants and how to get it. I then came to realize that I in no way shape or form claim to be a perfect parent and that I am guessing whether we want to admit it or not that more than one person reading this has a story similar to this.  

I am constantly reminded how independent Kloe is and although someone that scares me to death I am also very grateful that she keeps me on my toes and love to push the limits. It gives me a glimpse into her future knowing she has the confidence in herself. 

Now to assure that this didn't happen again we talked to her about having us go with her next time she goes to the store and did put dead bolts on the doors she would have to go out in order to run away. I am grateful for all the things she teaches me and the stories she provides us. 


Comments