Anxiety 101

 How to deal with anxiety.....Oh how I wish I had the answer to this question. I wish so much that people didn't have to go through it. Whats the point anyway? Do we really need to be in a state of worry over things we really don't have much control over? Is it possible to let go of anxiety and accept whatever outcome it may be? 

These are just a few of the questions that come up in my mind every time we have a big check up, or blood draw, switching grades, unfamiliar experiences, the list goes on and on. I try so hard to not worry about it until the last minute but it is so hard. It is hard to keep my anxiety in check. 

Why am I bringing this up now?? Kloe has a big check up coming up and the end of the month. We will be headed to the place and brings back so many feelings both good and bad...Primary Children's Hospital. Its been a hot minute sense Kloe has had a full check up because in true Kloe fashion she pretty much refuses to have anyone who even looks like a Dr. come near her. During this appointment she will be sedated (which I might add, adds a whole new level of anxiety for me) to run all the tests needed to check her heart function. 

Can I just say I hate this appointment every time. I hate feeling like I am going to get bad news even though we never have. I hate that for a time by little girl is alone while they run tests on her. I hate that all I can do is sit and wait. I have no control over the situation, the outcome, or my anxiety about it. All I can do it wait...and wait.....and you guessed it wait. 

So if you have any suggestions on how to get me through the next few weeks while we wait I will take them. There are two things that I am grateful in a situation like this...one is that we don't have to do it very often and the second is the support system I have. I have a very patient husband who deals with my anxiety better than most. He has lots of practice. 

Now matter who much anxiety this whole situation causes me I constantly have to remind myself how grateful I am for modern medicine....

Comments