Big Sis

I thought toward the end of my pregnancy that Kloe might have know a little bit about what was going on. She would try to constantly lift up my shirt and say baby and then go and grab one of her babies and play with it. I would watch her play and she would be so soft and loving toward her baby and then throw it on the ground when she was done with it. I was super nervous to see how she would handle such a sudden change in our family but had some confidence in knowing we have handled worse. After we had Baylee we wanted our girls to meet her before anyone else did so my husband brought them into the delivery room not too long after she had arrived. Kloe wanted nothing to do with me( I think she was afraid of the IV) but loved watching her new little sister. She watched her take her first bath and was studying her every move. It wasn't until day two that she wanted to hold her but did so very carefully. The day that we brought the baby home she was so excited and all she wanted to do was hold the baby. She would climb up on the couch get the moon shaped pillow ready around her tiny body so she could have the help she needed and would stick out her arms waiting for you to put her new little sister in them. It was so adorable. Kloe has upgraded to needing everything done for her to wanting to be my big helper. She thinks that feeding time takes an extra two little hands and her laying on me. She loves to get diapers and clothes for the baby it just so happens to be the whole drawer at a time. But Kloe's favorite thing to do it kiss the baby on the head and hold her little hand.


I feared that the careful way Kloe would love on her sister would end and I would have to watch the baby like a hawk if she was around. Well that fear became a reality as I am sure most parents realize when they add a new baby to their family. Kloe now wants to be so close to the baby that laying on her is the only way. She loves to point out all of Baylee's facial features which includes poking her eye and sticking her finger up her nose. Even though it is challenging to get anything done while Kloe is awake I am so grateful for the love that she has for both of her sisters. I am so grateful that although sometimes I find myself saying "Kloe you can't pick Baylee's nose for her" that Kloe is interested and fascinated by "her" baby. Luckily I know that as Baylee grows she will become more durable and will be able to withstand more "Kloe" time and this mom won't have to be a constant helicopter but for now we will just enjoy the moments we have and keep teaching Kloe.

Comments