1st Grade

I can't believe Kloe is starting 1st grade in a few days. Now I am sure that I am not the only one who has some anxiety about their kids starting school all day, but with our kiddo there comes so many more challenges. It is a constant learning process navigating the school system and trying to get what you want out of each year. I always have this constant battle in my head should I be pushing for Kloe to be in a regular classroom all day?  Is she getting enough time with her typical peers? How is she going to deal being in school all day?  I could go on and on with questions like this. They run through my head all night when I should be sleeping. Sending kids to school is such a relief for some parents after a summer of fun, but i can't help feeling overwhelmed by all the planning and scheduling that goes into a school year with Kloe. I pray and hope that I am doing what's best for her every day. School is a blessing and a curse in my mind and although i am so grateful that our school has been so amazing to work with it is still a challenge. I find myself taking those challenges and growing and doing things that I would have never thought possible and that wouldn't be possible without Kloe. Here's to a new year! Wish us luck

Comments