Kloe's First Day of Preschool

Well they day has finally come for Kloe to go to preschool. As we were walking into the school with Kloe’s backpack on (that is literal the same size as her) I thought to myself why is this baby going to school. I had to remind myself that even though Kloe is so small she isn’t a baby anymore and it was time for her to start this new chapter in her life. Because Kloe is my first child starting in the school system I am having to get used to homework, permission slips, book fairs, ect. but it is an exciting time and I can’t wait to see how far she progresses with the extra help. She will still be doing physical, and occupational therapy once a month and will be adding speech every day that she goes to school. It will be interesting to see how she follows a super structured class room setting as her favorite word is still no and she likes to be able to what she wants when she wants. She will also be riding the bus back to daycare until I pick her up and I am sure that will be her favorite part of the day. 


As a momma bear I still have some fears that Kloe will be bullied even at this young age and that I won’t be there to stand up for her or protect her. I realize this is something that I am going to have to figure out how to deal with but it does make dropping her off and not knowing what happens while she is there hard. I also worry that the teachers will treat her different. Now you are probably thinking that I am crazy because well Kloe is different, but her whole life as parents we haven’t treated her that way. She still is pushed to learn and gets in trouble when she does something bad. I want them to push her and have high expectations for her just like we do. I know that she will thrive there and really learn and I am glad that she gets to have this opportunity. 




Comments