Spread the Word

Today is the day we as parents with special needs children we spread the word to end the word. The r-word is offensive and no matter what way you use it, it is wrong. Now I do have to admit that I am guilty of using this word in the past. When I was younger and in high school I would use the word when I thought something was dumb or ridiculous. I do feel bad even to this day for using that word like I did. I wanted to write about this is so you know that no matter how many times you have used the "r-word", it can stop today.

We can all spread the word to end the word. Its not funny. It doesn't make your story any better. It doesn't make you sound intelligent. It is OFFENSIVE.

Lets all take a step in the right direction towards more kindness and remove the r-word from our vocabulary. As a parent of a child with special needs we know we are going to have to deal with issues others might not have to, but lets not make this one of them. It is something so simple to fix and would have a huge impact on our society and our extraordinary children. Lets all spread the word to end the word. When you hear someone using that word have some courage and let them know it is offensive. It just might get them thinking enough that they will remove it from their vocabulary too. SPREAD THE WORD TO END THE WORD

Comments