Time for a Check Up....

Every year at about this time I start getting a little anxious and stressed about Kloe's annual check-up at Primary Children's Medical Center. Every year we have to make the trip up North to get some test ran on Kloe's heart. These test include an echo, EKG, and a physical exam. Each year I get nervous that they are going to find something wrong with her tiny little heart. In my non expert opinion I know Kloe is doing great because of how well she has progressed, but I always have a doubt in the back on my mind that they are going to find something wrong with her tiny little heart.

I am coming to learn that this fear might stem from all we have been through with Kloe already and that I know how awful it would be to have to take a few steps back and have another surgery. I don't ever doubt though that we are in the best hands possible with Kloe's cardiologist. A little back story on him (and one of the main reasons we will never want to switch doctors) he is the proud father of 17 and that is not a typo 17 kids. Most of them we have been told are special needs kids that he and his wife have adopted. He also has a little boy who is about eleven with Down Syndrome that he love to tell us stories about. He is one of the most kind and compassionate doctors we have ever seen. We know that he cares and loves Kloe as much as we do and when you find that in a doctor all other doctors just don't measure up.

On another note I am not quite sure how well Kloe will do during her tests this time. The echo cardiogram takes a good hour to hour and a half if the patient holds still. Last time we did the test Kloe wasn't even walking yet and so she was pretty content laying in a dark room. This time should be quite interesting seeing how I can barely get her to hold still for a half hour while sitting on my lap. I do know however that this is not their first rodeo and I am sure they have lots of tricks up their sleeve to get little ones to hold still.

Just a few days until we can get these over with for the year and I will be sure to post results when we return.

Comments