Supermarket Superstar

There are a lot of ups with down syndrome, one of them includes being able to hear people stories that I come in contact with. I would say every one out of three times I go to the store someone will come up to me and tell me how sweet Kloe is and how special she is (I already know this but it is always nice to hear).
One of my favorite stories and one that really touched my heart was about a year ago as I was walking into Walmart. We were just getting out of the car and a lady noticed us and walked across the parking lot just to come over to us. She instantly feel in love with Kloe (as most people do) and wanted to hold her. Kloe usually doesn’t go for this but this time it was different. Kloe let this stranger hold her and she even loved her and cuddled her for a moment. It was so sweet. She put her tiny little hands on this lady cheeks and just stared into her eyes. As a tear rolled down her face I felt was witnessing a love and understanding I had never seen before. 
This lady then pulled a picture from her wallet of her daughter when we was about five who was also blessed with an extra chromosome. She told me that he daughter was the most important person in her life and she loved her so much. She then told me her daughter had passed away not long after that picture was taken. She told me that it brought so much joy to her life to see Kloe that day and thanked and blessed us in our journey. 

Now not all stories are quite as emotional as this one, but I am so grateful for all of the stories I have been able to hear over the last two years. I feel like part of a very elite club of super mom’s to these special superstars. I am proud to be a part of this proud parent club and for all the experiences it has brought me. I look forward to continuing to hearing more stories and sharing our own. 

Comments

Post a Comment