UP SIDE

I think it is hard not to have some preconceived ideas about Kloe and her ability to do certain things and I am glad that I do. I am glad everyday she proves me wrong. She is so smart. Lately we have been working on sign language so that I am able to understand her until her speech progresses. I have only really been pushing it for about a month now and she has picked up on everything I have taught her. I am actually finding myself behind because I don’t know the right sign to teach her. It brings so much joy to see her wake up in the morning, walk out into the living room, do the sign for eat, and wait by her chair. It has got to be one of my most rewarding things right now to teach Kloe a sign and see her do it by herself without any prompting at the right time. She really does amaze me everyday.
I am glad that Kloe will grow up in a society that isn’t setting limits for people with Down Syndrome. It makes my heart fill with joy when I see stories on the news of a man with Down Syndrome being accepted to college, or starting a restaurant where they serve sandwiches and hugs. I am so grateful that Kloe will grow up with the idea that she is capable of anything she desires and as her mom I know she will be successful. I see a drive in her that will help her in every hurdle she will have to jump. I don’t doubt there will be some frustrating times in her life, but I know that because she is stubborn like her dad she will overcome and rise above any expectation anyone has for her. I am proud to call her my daughter everyday.

Comments

  1. I'm sure you've learned to be thrilled with her successes because there are so many! She is amazing! Mom and Dad gets lots of credit, but I've got to hand it to Briley, she probably doesn't have any preconceived ideas, and pushes her more than anyone, so she can be a big girl and come play! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment