What are the chances?

 What are the chances? I never would have thought to ask myself this question as a 22 year old getting ready to have her second child. After Kloe was born I wanted to know what my chances were and I found out it was 1 in 1,500 woman my age will have a baby born with a little something extra special. 

How lucky am I? I have never won anything or even had very good luck. I always hit every red light and usually can't stop the gas tank on a even number, but in the case of being the 1 out of the 1,500 I did get lucky. 

I can't even picture my life without Kloe and I know that I wouldn't want to. My chances weren't high for having a baby with down syndrome, and this just brought me back to knowing that God has a plan for us. What a smart guy. He must have known how much love we would have for her and how much she would be loved in our family. I love looking back at all the things I have already learned from her, and I look forward to all the things she is going to teach our family in the future. I did win the jackpot by having Kloe and now I feel like my luck has changed. How could you not feel lucky getting to see that smile everyday.

Comments

  1. Is that not the cutest face you have ever seen? Talk about lucky, our whole family is blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment