Milking little Miss

I have to put a caution at the beginning of this post to feel right about posting it for all to see. This post is going to be about pumping not anything special or graphic and it does have humor in it, but if you are not comfortable reading it please just stop now. Alright here we go...

Kloe was on a feeding tube for about nine months because they didn't want her to expend too much energy eating all the time. I was still able to nurse her for no longer than ten minutes so that she wouldn't forget how to eat, but we had to follow doctors orders. With this rule along with my own beliefs I would pump after feeding Kloe so that she would have my milk to put in her feeding tube. When I first starting doing this for her I would go into my room and be alone, but it got to the point that I was doing so often that I wanted to sit in my chair and be comfortable. After all if I was going to put myself through this, and pretty much be the dairy, it was going to by my way and everyone else just had to deal with it. I got to the point that I would do it before we would go out anywhere and the phrase I developed was "I just have to pump real fast". Briley was curious at first and then got bored with the whole thing and would just go and play so she didn't have to listen to the noise.

I tell you this back story only to lead up to the good stuff. We were on our first family trip to California to visit some family. Of coarse the dairy and the pump came with us. I would go into the room we were sleeping in and pump so that I could have some privacy. It was pretty inconvenient, but I knew how important it was for Kloe's needs. We were out visiting and I looked around and couldn't find Briley. I went to look in our room and saw Briley on the bed, shirt lifted, pump placed correctly, and I just busted up laughing. I then asked her what she was doing and she told me with a serious look on her face "I'm just pumping. I'm just pumping real fast." I then I was laughing so hard I could barely breathe when Kody and his parents came to see what all the giggles were about. She was still holding the pump in the right spot and told them what she was doing. Everyone was just laughing and we were even able to catch it on video.

I love this story because any time after this when I would be frustrated or discouraged about having to pump for Kloe, I would think of this story and it would totally change my attitude. I think it also helped Briley to understand that I was taking so much time to do something that was so important for Kloe. I am glad that I was able to help my baby for as long as I did even though most of the time I would cuss it up and down. It helped her stay healthy and maintain her weight.

Comments

  1. They got this on video and it was one of the most hilarious things I have ever seen. I really wanted them to put it on youtube. I know it would have been a real hit. Kudos to Brittney for being a dairy cow for so many months.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment