Down with Down Syndrome: Our story

I have been wanting to start a blog for close to two years now and i just haven't had the time I wanted to put into it. Now that we have settled into our life and have gained some experiences I feel like it is the perfect time to start blogging.

Our story starts in the early hours of February 11th 2013. I starting having contractions around four o'clock am. We had just moved into our house two days before and we still had a lot of unpacking to do. When I woke up my contractions were about a half hour apart from each other and we began the daunting task of unpacking our kitchen and rooms. By the time mid-afternoon came my contractions were closer together and getting strong enough that I couldn't carry out a conversation during the pain. I knew that we really needed to get moved it to have a place to bring our new baby and so even labor couldn't slow me down.

Around five o'clock we had finished what we wanted to unpack but we still had one more task on our to-do list, the grocery store. Now I dislike the store on a ordinary day but this day was far worse. By the time we half way done with our shopping my contractions were about eight minutes apart and I knew there would be no turning back. We finished and went home when Kody told me to get in the bath to see if they would stop and he would make dinner. If they didn't stop by the time we were done eating we had to go in. I couldn't even eat the pain was so intense so we drove Briley over to her aunt and uncles house and arrived at the hospital at quarter to eight. We arrived and I was at a four and the next two hours were a totally blur between getting an epidural and starting to push. A little before ten o'clock my life changed forever...

Comments