Down Syndrome Awareness Month!!!

Well if you didn't already know October is Down Syndrome awareness month so I feel inclined to share a few things.

We are so grateful for the things that Kloe has taught us about Down syndrome but she has also taught me how to be more patient and kind with all disabilities. Kindness is something I believe is missing from the too many people's lives. Being a parent to a differently-abled child really opens your eyes to a lot of kindness, but it also opens your eyes to some people who are not so kind. Luckily we haven't had to deal with the unkind so much in our live but I do know that it happens and it just breaks my heart.

Down Syndrome isn't something that should be looked down upon, or feared, or looked at in a negative light. If you asked any parent, or sibling, grandparent, or anyone whose life has been touched by Down Syndrome I bet not one would have a negative thing to say. Kloe's life has opened so many different doors than I though were even possible. I have met some incredible families and people who have had a positive impact on my family. I feel blessed to be able to share my story in hopes that it would help someone out there who might be struggling with a difficult day or difficult diagnosis. To those people I would say, you don't know how lucky you are to have blessed with a special spirit. That baby will change your life so don't try and stop it. It will change it in a way you never imagined and give you such joy that you feel bad not everyone gets to have a baby like yours. You are part of a support group who will never let you down and will be able to answer any question you might have. YOU ARE LUCKY!!!

Comments